Amazon is always building a new fulfillment center somewhere which leads to thousands of new workers being hired. If there is a new Amazon fulfillment center being built in your area the best place to find out what types of jobs are available are at the Work At Amazon Fulfillment website. From the site you can learn what positions are open, how to apply, and the type of benefits that are offered.
The main job that is recruited for at the Work At Amazon Fulfillment site is the Fulfillment Associate. There are positions available for full-time and part-time workers in this area. Here is a breakdown of the job responsibilities for this position:
Fulfillment Associates pick customer orders on all levels of a multi-level mezzanine, pack and ship customer orders and troubleshoot problems to resolution. Fulfillment Associates are expected to understand all aspects of production; adhere to strict safety, quality, and production standards; and be willing and able to work on powered equipment (e.g. forklift or cherry picker).
Fulfillment Associates Qualifications
• Must be at least 18 years old
• Must have a High School diploma or equivalent
• Must be willing and able to work all shifts
• Must be willing and able to work overtime as required
• Must be able to read and take direction in English
• Must be able to lift up to 49 pounds with or without reasonable accommodation
• Must be able to stand/walk for up to 10-12 hours
• Must be willing and able to frequently push, pull, squat, bend, and reach
• Must be able to continuously climb and descend stairs safely (applies to sites with stairs)
• Must be able to work on a secure mezzanine at a height of up to 40 feet (applies to buildings with mezzanines)
• Must be willing and able to work on powered equipment-for example forklift or cherry picker
Job candidates who are interested in applying for this position will need to complete the online application. The application process starts with candidates registering for an account and completing the application which can take up to 45 minutes to finish. You will need to provide a good email address because this will be your main communication line with Amazon for the initial stages of the hiring process.
The starting wages for this position are around $10.75 per hour. To learn more about this opportunity and to see what other positions are available please click HERE.